Ask us about conducting your own seller-managed online auction event using this site, for a flat rate of $150.00 plus HST
Newfoundland One Cent 1890 low mintage
- Lot # 9
- System ID # 54229513
- End Date
- Start Date
Newfoundland One Cent 1890
Here's a wonderful chance to add a piece of Canada's rich monetary history to your coin collection with this one cent piece! Newfoundland, a separate British colony, was allowed to issue its own coinage (1, 5, 10, 20, 25 and 50 cents) beginning in 1865.
Whether you're a seasoned collector, just starting out or even just looking to possibly make some profit, this coin is definitely something you won't want to miss out on!
Newfoundland One Cent Coin:
- Face reads: "One Cent NEWFOUNDLAND 1890" and shows a crown flanked by a floral leaf pattern.
- Obverse reads: "VICTORIA DC REG" with an image of Queen VICTORIA
- Coin comes in protective plastic windowed cardboard sleeve.
Please note, this coin has NOT been professionally graded or appraised.
See pictures for details.
Condition: Coin appears to be in circulated condition and shows signs of dirt and wear from normal use. Again note that this coin has NOT been professionally graded or appraised.
Item is sold in 'as is' condition.
- 1 cent 1890 : 200,000
- Alloy: 95% copper, 4% tin and 1% zinc
- Weight: 5.67 grams
- Diameter : 25.53 mm
- Engraver: Obverse : Leonard C. Wyon, Reverse: Thomas J. Minton
- Designer: Obverse: Leonard C. Wyon, Reverse: Horace Morehen
- Edge: Plain
- Die axis: ↑↑